- Working within the agreed policies/procedures as laid down by maternity manuals.
- Be courteous and helpful to mothers and visitors at all times.
- Assisting midwives with admission and discharge of mothers and babies.
- Assisting women with their personal hygiene as required, for example: bathing and mobilization.
- Helping mother in and out of bed and with general ambulation..
- Collecting and labeling specimens as instructed by midwife.
- Assisting women with the bathing of their babies and nappy changing.
- Escorting women and babies to other departments in the hospital.
- Be responsible for and part of a 24-hour service in the continuity of care to women and babies.
- To report to midwife in charge any item of low stock that needs replenishing e.g. linen, dressing stores etc.
- To ensure that equipment is cleaned and well maintained for immediate use.
- Awareness of general safeguards in mother and baby care, including methods necessary for the control of infection as laid down in the Infection Control Manual.
- Answering ward telephone-taking, recording and transmitting messages as requested assist mothers with trolley phone
New Born Baby Care And Mother care good salary Please contact Now 9911266767
Basic Responsibilities of Maternity Care Assistant: